Far-Left Protester Gets Arrested After Threatening City Council

A far-Left activist was arrested in California last week for threatening Bakersfield City Council members and Republican Mayor Karen Goh at a public hearing because they refused to back a resolution for a Gaza ceasefire. She was also angry because of metal detectors and additional security officers that had been newly placed at City Hall due to ongoing anti-Israel protests.

Riddhi Patel, 28, who said she is non-binary, told the council members at the public hearing that “we’ll murder” them.

“You guys are all horrible human beings, and Jesus probably would have killed you himself,” she began.

“I remind you that these holidays that we practice, that other people in the global south practice, believe in violent revolution against their oppressors, and I hope one day somebody brings the guillotine and kills all of you mother——,” she said further.

In her second address to the mayor and council, she focused on the installation of heavier security in the building.

“In the last five years I’ve attended city council meetings, there’s never been metal detectors, there’s never been more cops. The only reason you’re doing it is because people actually don’t care if you guys don’t like them, and they’re actually resisting. So you want to criminalize them,” she stated.

In what would drive the last nail on her coffin, Patel said, And for that reason, you guys want to criminalize us with metal detectors. We’ll see you at your house, we’ll murder you.”

After that statement, Mayor Goh signaled to police officers in the room, saying, “That was a threat, what you said at the end, so officers are going to escort you out and take care of that.”

Officers escorted her out of the room and placed her under arrest. She was charged with 18 felony counts of making terrorist threats and threatening city council officials. Eight counts were for threatening state officials while 10 were for making terrorist threats.

Patel was ordered to stay at least 500 years from city hall. A judge also ordered her to be held on $1 million bail.

The activist’s attitude in cout was different from the one she displayed when she threatened the city officials. A video of her in court shows her looking much more humble and sobbing as the proceedings went on.