Pedophile Found Guilty Of Child Abuse Attempts To Evade Jail Time

An Australian man, whose identity must remain undisclosed to protect the victim’s identity, resorted to desperate measures in an attempt to avoid taking responsibility for his heinous crimes. 

Found guilty of sexually abusing his partner’s daughter over a prolonged period, spanning from 1991 to 2000 when the victim was only four to fourteen years old, the man attempted to evade imprisonment by taking the coward’s way out.

In a conclusion of a thorough trial at Warrnambool County Court on June 9 which marked a significant step toward justice, the jury unanimously found the man guilty on four charges, including two counts of penetration of a child aged under 16 years and two counts of committing an indecent act with a child aged under 16 years. 

However, it was during the announcement of the verdicts that the courtroom was witness to a shocking display of audacity.

Defying the authority of the court and security staff, the man brought out a Snickers bar he had concealed within his pocket, blatantly disregarding the explicit instructions from a bailiff regarding the forbidding of any food consumption within the courtroom. Undeterred by the authority’s warnings, he proceeded to consume the entire bar.

He then went on to tell the bailiff that he had added some rat poison to the Snickers bar, hoping to evade his deserved fate. However, authorities acted swiftly, preventing any harm as the amount of poison he had used was not lethal.

Following the court incident, the man, reportedly in his 70s according to the Daily Mail, was immediately taken into custody at the Warrnambool police station. 

However, his ordeal continued as he collapsed while in jail, resulting in a broken finger. He was rushed to Warrnambool Base Hospital, where he received the necessary treatment for the poisoning.

As of June 14, the court has been informed that the man has sufficiently recovered to be returned to jail from the hospital. He will return to court for his preliminary sentence hearing which has been scheduled for September 11. 

This incident brings to mind a similar case that occurred in Texas last August, involving a man convicted of child assault. In that instance, the individual consumed an unknown drink that turned out to be poisonous while his verdict was being read, resulting in his untimely demise.