Man Arrested After Sending Death Threats To Vivek Ramaswamy

A New Hampshire man was arrested last week for threatening to kill GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy and his supporters at an event Monday.

The man, identified as 30-year-old Tyler Anderson now faces up to five years in prison, a three-year probation and a fine of up to $250,000. After appearing in federal court in New Hampshire, he was transferred to jail pending a detention hearing scheduled for Thursday.

Anderson allegedly sent a threatening message in reply to a text from Ramaswamy’s campaign informing him of an upcoming event. The text had included the location of where the presidential hopeful would be at the event which was meant to be breakfast with voters.

“Great, another opportunity for me to blow [Ramaswamy’s] brains out,” he said, according to the criminal complaint filed against him.

In another message obtained by ABC News, he wrote, “I’m going to kill everyone who attends and then fuck their corpses.”

While Anderson did not outrightly name Ramaswamy or his campaign in the message, he was the only candidate who had an event listed in Portsmouth that day, per NBC 10 Boston.

His campaign also believes that he was the intended target, even though they said in a statement that they will “let the investigators do their work and figure out who this person is and what their motives might be.”

“We will, however, say this: we constantly hear about January 6 and ‘violence’ and ‘extremism on the right’ from the media, but the same media goes silent when the target is a Republican,” a spokesperson for the biotech executive stated.

Authorities conducted a search of Anderson’s home last week and found his phone which had deleted text messages to the Ramaswamy campaign, according to court documents. He reportedly confessed to sending threatening texts to the campaign, as well as some other campaigns.

True to his admittal, authorities found a text message to another presidential candidate in which he said, “hope you have the stamina for a mass shooting!”

The second candidate is not known at this time.

The search of Anderson’s home also yielded the discovery of multiple firearms.